Electronic Student Record Layout
The student record layout is the key to interpreting the file you receive from ACT. It identifies location, field name, and field content for each data element.
For Student Profile Section (SPS) items and response values noted in the 2014–2015 layouts, please refer to the 2014–2015 Student Information booklet.
- Student Information booklet (PDF; 8 pages)
For responses to the new Country Code field on the layout, please refer to the Country Code List.
- Country Code List (PDF; 1 page)
College Majors Crosswalk
- ACT Old-to-New College Majors Crosswalk (PDF; 7 pages)
Advance Notice for 2015–2016:
- Advance Notice College Cover Letter (PDF, 1 page)
- Advance Notice College/University Student Record Layout (PDF, 8 pages)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 1 page)
- Test File (will be available in March 2015)