Names from Around the World
With the ACT Educational Opportunity Service (EOS), you identify prospective students using richly detailed information that lets you focus your purchases and your messages. EOS offers you the right names at the right time and includes student names from across the U.S. and many other countries.
EOS encompasses students who take the PreACT as sophomores, and students who take the ACT test, primarily in their junior and senior years. EOS names get results because students in the pool have already indicated an interest in learning about college and scholarship opportunities.
Both PreACT and ACT EOS provide high-quality names.
- Purchase names by state, segment, county, or ZIP code to pinpoint the markets you're most interested in.
- If you're trying to increase out-of-state enrollment, EOS can help you find students who are likely to relocate.
Service and Results
Campuses consistently report that EOS names yield results by increasing visibility, inquiries, applications, and enrollments.
- Increase campus diversity—If your campus is working to increase diversity, EOS can help. Purchasing sophomore, junior, and senior EOS names from racial and ethnic minorities is a great way to increase diversity at your campus.
- Target special populations—Many campuses and scholarship organizations purchase EOS names to focus on target populations using factors that students provide when they take the ACT or ACT Plan. These factors may include specific academic majors, religious affiliation, gender, family income, and extracurricular activities.
- Count on a tradition of service—In addition to results, EOS users most often mention service as the reason they purchase names year after year. When you call ACT, you'll talk with people who are knowledgeable and responsive to your needs. EOS specialists will help you understand the range of available names in the context of your recruitment goals.
If your campus is new to EOS, specialists are available to help you determine the best timing and the best pool of students to meet your enrollment goals.
Helping Underserved Students
The “Get Your Name in the Game” initiative offers colleges and scholarship agencies unprecedented access to the names of underserved students participating in EOS. The initiative is estimated to benefit as many as 725,000 students per year.
Improving Enrollment, Recruiting, and Retention
Across the country, college administrators and enrollment professionals are using EOS to target their recruiting and maximize their resources. Read the success stories to learn more about what EOS has done for others—and what it can do for you.
Get Started with EOS
EOS Conditions of Use
Access to EOS is restricted to accredited, postsecondary educational institutions who must accept ACT or PreACT scores. Government-directed agencies, such as state and federal student financial aid agencies, ROTC scholarship programs, and organizations such as corporate and foundation scholarship programs, may also be eligible to participate, provided they represent degree-granting educational programs and/or award financial aid for education as an integral part of their programs. Each request for access will be reviewed and acted upon individually.