ACT WorkKeys Administration
Test Administration and Delivery
ACT administers and scores millions of tests each year with the highest levels of integrity and accuracy. Being a test administrator for ACT WorkKeys® requires that you have an active understanding of our testing policies and procedures.
ACT WorkKeys assessments are considered high stakes, so all members of the testing staff are required to complete a training program in preparation for test center operations.
ACT WorkKeys Status Verification
Verify the current status of the ACT WorkKeys Online system.
Test Irregularity Report
Record ACT WorkKeys testing irregularities.
General WorkKeys Information
- Principles of High Stakes Testing (PDF)
- Change of Contact or Organization Form
- WorkKeys Modification/Certificate Request Form (PDF)
- WorkKeys Testing Irregularity Report
- Test Booklet Expiration Dates (PDF)
- ACT Calculator Policy (PDF)
Key Information Briefs
- Foundational Skills (PDF)
- Validity: A guide to the basics (PDF)
- Cognitive and noncognitive skills (PDF)
- Industry competency models and the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys in the educational pipeline (PDF)
- ACT JobPro®: Defining,describing, and projecting American jobs (PDF)
- The ACT National Career Readiness Certificate and job requirements (PDF)
Workforce Marketing Materials
WorkKeys Assessment Marketing Materials
National Career Readiness Certificate Materials
- NCRC Information Flyer (PDF)
- Spanish NCRC Information Flyer (PDF)
- NCRC for Educators (PDF)
- NCRC for Employers (PDF)
- NCRC for Career Seekers (PDF)
Work Ready Communities Materials
ACT WorkKeys Administration Resources
Workkeys Secure Site Resources
- United States and U.S. Territories County FIPS Codes Manual (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Manual for Paper Testing (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Manual for Online Testing (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Spanish Administration Manual - Paper Testing (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Manual de aplicacion en espanol - Examen en papel (PDF)
- Test Site Staff WorkKeys Manual Verification Form (Website)
- ACT WorkKeys Accessibility Support Guide (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Supplement (PDF)
- RegiSTAR User Guide (PDF)
ACT WorkKeys Quick Start Guides
Account Management Quick Start Guide (PDF) - Account Management is used to reset a disabled account, lock an account, and send a new password to an examinee. The term "account" refers to a person's access to ACT WorkKeys Online.
Adding Examinees to a Group during Account Creation (PDF) - This document contains information used by site administrators to add examinees to an existing group as their accounts are being created for ACT WorkKeys Online testing.
Adding Existing Examinees to a Group (PDF) - Site administrators can add existing examinees to a group.
Administering a Test to a Single Examinee (PDF) - Outlines creating an examinee user account and adding test registrations, launching a test, authorizing a test, monitoring test session via TAO proctor interface, and generating an instant score report. Use this document when an examinee wants to take one or more ACT WorkKeys online tests.
Associate User (PDF) - This Quick Start Guide outlines how to associate (or add) a user from another site.
Authorizing a Test for a Group of Examinees (PDF) - It is possible to authorize an entire group of examinees to take the same test. There are two methods for accomplishing this.
Creating Accounts and Test Registrations Using Batch Load (PDF) - This document contains information used by site administrators to create ACT WorkKeys Online accounts and test registrations for multiple examinees using batch load.
Creating a Group (PDF) - To use the various group functions, you need to first create a group.
Deleting an Account (PDF) - Use this document when you need to delete a ACT WorkKeys Online account in the Validus system.
Export Examinee Quick Start Guide (PDF) - Administrators may wish to export examinee data to an external program. The Export Examinees feature will export data from the entire list of individuals registered in a realm who have been assigned the role of “Examinee.”
Group Registration for One or More Assessments (PDF) - Typically an examinee User ID and Password is created then tests and financial profiles are added one examinee at a time. However, it is also possible to register a group for tests and set the financial profiles for each test once for the entire group.
Relaunching an Interrupted Test Session (PDF) - When a test has been interrupted due to a power outage or connectivity was lost, it can be relaunched, as long as it happens within 60 minutes. The examinee selects Relaunch of the test title, the proctor Authorizes it, and the examinee selects Proceed. They resume the test session from where it had been interrupted and the clock restarts from there.
Looking Up a Password (PDF) - This is used by test coordinators and proctors to look up an examinee's password to their account for ACT WorkKeys online testing.
Profile Management Quick Start Guide (PDF) - Profile Management can be used as a template for setting up and registering examinees for tests (e.g., registering an examinee for multiple tests with a single click).
Removing an Examinee from a Group (PDF) - Use this document when you want to remove an examinee's account from a group.
Setting Extended Time (PDF) - This Quick Start Guide outlines how to set extended time for a registration. Extended time is used to help meet an accommodation need.
Setting the Financial Profiles for Self Registration (PDF) - Financial profiles management is used to assign the appropriate price for the assessment you wish to launch when the examinee has self registered.
Setting Up a Proctor or Site Administrator Account (PDF) - Site Administrators should follow this guide when creating user accounts for their proctors and/or additional site administrators.
TAO User Guide (PDF) - This information is for test coordinators and proctors to administer ACT WorkKeys online tests with the newest test delivery system, called TAO. You use the TAO proctor interface for proctoring activities in your test center.
WorkKeys Online Testing
- WorkKeys Internet Version Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- WorkKeys Internet Version Refund Policy (PDF)
- WorkKeys Internet Version Refund Request Form
- WorkKeys Report of Accommodated Tests (PDF)
- WorkKeys Internet Version Troubleshooting Guide
- WorkKeys Applied Math Formula Sheet
- WorkKeys Applied Math Informational Screenshots
- WorkKeys Graphic Literacy Informational Screenshots
- WorkKeys Workplace Documents Informational Screenshots
- WorkKeys Roles in Validus
Online Reports Portal Guides
Reports are available in the Reports Portal 24 hours after testing takes place. An Administrator must have the Portal Manager role to use the Reports Portal feature.
Personal Skills Assessment List Reports Quick Start Guide (PDF) - This guide explains the parameters of running these reports, which contain rosters of examinee scores for soft skills assessed by the Fit and Talent tests. The Performance test is no longer offered in the ACT WorkKeys suite of soft skills tests.
Online Reports Portal User Guide (PDF) - This user guide shows you how to use the Online Reports Portal feature and explains the parameters for running each report. It also covers downloading, saving, and printing the generated reports.
Score Reports Available in Online Reports Portal (PDF) - A list of each Online Reports Portal score report, with a description of what the reports contain, and how they can be used. It also indicates whether the scores included are online test scores, paper test scores, or both.
ACT WorkKeys Paper Ordering
Before you can order ACT WorkKeys test materials, you must first have a signed contract with ACT.
If you do not yet have a signed contract:
- Current customers should go to Ordering ACT WorkKeys
- New customers should go to Get Started with ACT Workforce Solutions
- CCRIS Account Access for Materials Ordering
- Placing a Paper Materials Order (Video)
- ACT WorkKeys Guide to Ordering Test Materials (PDF)
- CCRIS Account Access for Scoring Ordering
- Placing a Paper Scoring Order (Video)
- ACT WorkKeys Guide to Scoring Orders (PDF)