Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn how to use artistic techniques to communicate ideas and information to business and consumers by designing forms, shapes, and packaging for manufactured products. You will study designing in various plastic and digital media, prototype construction, and design development and refinement. You will also learn the principles of cost saving, and how product designs affect structure and performance.
- A certificate or associate degree prepares individuals for entry-level positions with industrial design companies, public relations or advertising companies, design groups or studios, and publishers.
- A bachelor's degree provides a broad background in all aspects of design as well as experience with a variety of technologies.
- A graduate degree is usually required to teach in college or do research; graduates with a degree in industrial design may find opportunities in interior, Website, product, and set design, and architecture, digital art.
- Desktop Publisher
- Fashion Artist
- Game Designer
- Graphic Artist (Print Materials)
- Graphic Artist (Software)
- Website Developer