Management Information SystemsPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn to manage data systems that process and retrieve internal information; how to select systems and train personnel; and how to respond to requests for data. You will learn to plan and manage information resources in organizations, government agencies, and corporations. Included are information systems used for personnel, finance, and business data, systems planning and integration, data storage and security, and business systems networking.
- A certificate or associate degree prepares individuals to work as a network, computer, or software support technician or web site designer or editor.
- A bachelor's degree is usually required for entry-level management information systems jobs in business, government, and industry, such as technical support specialist, research technician, or computer programmer.
- A bachelor's or graduate degree is required for jobs such as computer engineer or systems analyst, software developer, and computer programmer, systems administrator or analyst, or positions in upper management and teaching.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Management Consultant
- Security Manager