Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn how to develop, appraise, buy, sell, and manage real property such as buildings and land. The program includes courses on land use and development, real estate law, taxation, real estate marketing, agency management, and brokerage, Subjects also include property inspection and appraisal, real estate investing, leased and rental properties, commercial real estate, and property management. You will take liberal arts courses and basic business subjects such as accounting, economics, and statistics.
- A certificate or associate degree program can provide the background necessary to become a licensed real estate agent.
- A bachelor's degree can lead to real estate sales or management, or working for corporations managing their real estate needs.
- A graduate degree provides opportunities for management in corporate real estate and in teaching.
- Contractor/Construction Manager
- Property/Real Estate Manager
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Title Examiner/Searcher
- Urban Planner