Graphic & Printing Equipment OperPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will develop the knowledge and technical skills necessary to plan, prepare, and execute commercial and industrial graphic communications and printing jobs. This includes graphic and printing equipment operations, platemaking, printing press operations, and computer typography and composition equipment operations. You will study mechanical, electronic, and digital graphic, printing, and finishing equipment, platemaking, and appropriate computer programs.
- A certificate or an associate degree may prepare individuals to operate graphics and printing equipment and perform other hands-on support jobs within the field.
- A bachelor's degree may prepare an individual to work as a lithographer, in graphics and printing operations, and in the application of technical skills to digital imaging, film, and camerawork processes.
- A graduate degree will provide opportunities in management and in teaching.
- Desktop Publisher
- Graphic Artist (Print Materials)
- Graphic Artist (Software)
- Prepress Worker
- Printing Press Operator
- Teacher (Vocational/Technical)
- Website Developer