Public Administration/Services, GenPrint
Topics of Study
This major focuses on a specific aspect of public administration and social service professions not listed elsewhere, such as emergency management, social work education, and the areas of sociology, anthropology, and criminal justice. For this major you will take some general courses in the field of public administration and social services and a number of highly specialized courses in specific subject areas.
- A certificate or associate degree focuses on courses specific to the topic of your choice.
- A bachelor's degree is usually required for entry-level positions in social work education and emergency management.
- A graduate degree is usually necessary to advance into upper-management positions, to work in the area of sociology, anthropology, and criminal justice, or to teach in higher education.
- City Manager
- Director (Social Service)
- Human Services Worker
- Public Administrator
- Social Worker
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Welfare Eligibility Worker