Data Management TechnologyPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will focus on the computer and information sciences and prepare for various occupations in information technology and computer operations fields. This is a broad program that includes computing, robotics and the modeling of human motor control by computers, design of technical information systems for business and research, and computer engineering and theory. You will study computer technology, language processing, end-use applications, principles of computer hardware and software components, and databases.
- A certificate or an associate degree from a career-technical school or two-year college will qualify for entry-level jobs in computer technology and information science positions.
- A bachelor's degree may prepare individuals for programming positions in a wide variety of settings.
- A graduate degree will provide specialized knowledge or training in management, and is usually required to teach in this field.
- Bioinformatics Scientist
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Database Programmer
- Information Systems Manager
- Internet/Intranet Programmer