Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn about the theory and practice of teaching postsecondary students in various settings, including basic and remedial education programs, continuing education programs, and programs designed to develop or upgrade specific employment-related knowledge and skills. Study in this field concludes with a student teaching experience. During the first part you will be supervised by a professional teacher; then you may prepare and deliver lessons in your subject while being monitored and evaluated by your supervising teacher.
- A certificate or a two-year program may qualify for paraprofessional and work as a teacher's aide.
- A bachelor's degree is required to enter most occupations related to this field.
- A graduate degree within a specified period of time is required in some states.
- A doctoral degree is required to teach in higher education.
- College/University Faculty
- Teacher (Adult Education)
- Teacher (Art/Music/Drama/Speech)
- Teacher (Business)
- Teacher (Foreign Language)
- Teacher (Vocational Agriculture)
- Teacher (Vocational/Technical)