Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn theory and practice of teaching students in grades seven through twelve, depending on school system or state regulations. This includes preparation to teach a comprehensive curriculum or specific subject matter. To teach at secondary school and higher, you will study a particular area of concentration, and take general education courses to develop good teaching and supervision skills. You will study how individuals learn and acquire their own unique set of values and personal characteristics such as interests and skills.
- A certificate or an associate degree prepares individuals to become a paraprofessional and work as a teacher's aide.
- A bachelor's degree is required to enter most occupations related to this field, and some states require a graduate degree within a specified period of time.
- A doctoral degree is usually required to teach in higher education.
- Teacher (Art/Music/Drama/Speech)
- Teacher (Business)
- Teacher (Foreign Language)
- Teacher (Physical Education)
- Teacher (Secondary)
- Teacher (Special Education)
- Teacher (Vocational Agriculture)
- Teacher (Vocational/Technical)