Teacher Education, Subject-SpecificPrint
Topics of Study
This major focuses on a specific aspect of teacher education not listed elsewhere, such as instruction in how to teach multiple levels of education, and teacher education and professional development in specific levels and subject areas. For this major you will take some general courses in the field of teacher education and a number of highly specialized courses in the specific subject area.
- An associate degree prepares individuals to work as a teacher's aide.
- A bachelor's degree plus additional training is required to enter most occupations in these fields; some states require a graduate degree within a specified period of time.
- A doctoral degree is required to teach in higher education.
- Home Economist
- Recreation Leader
- Teacher (Art/Music/Drama/Speech)
- Teacher (Business)
- Teacher (Foreign Language)
- Teacher (Physical Education)
- Teacher (Secondary)
- Teacher (Vocational/Technical)