Civil Engineering TechnologyPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn to use basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of civil engineers engaged in designing and executing public works projects such as highways, dams, bridges, tunnels and other facilities. You will study site analysis, specifications preparation, field and laboratory testing procedures and equipment, and learn proper reporting procedures and formats. You will also learn about structural and systems design and project planning and procedures and study computers and their use in civil engineering.
- Many programs offer both academics and field experience in the form of internships.
- Some students enter a transfer program that will enhance opportunities for acceptance into a four-year engineering program.
- The military also offers some technical courses that will lead to a civil engineering technician position.
- This program offers graduates the opportunity for a technician's position in engineering firms, government agencies, construction companies, and transportation companies.
- Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Cost Estimator
- Survey Technician
- Traffic Engineering Technician