Environmental Control TechnologiesPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn mathematical and natural scientific principles and develop technical skills to help engineers who design, develop, and use indoor and outdoor environmental pollution control systems, such as water storage and solar energy systems. You will study mathematics, sciences, and basic engineering. You will learn about environmental safety principles, testing and sampling procedures, laboratory techniques, instrumentation calibration, safety and protection procedures, equipment maintenance, and report preparation.
- A certificate or associate degree in environmental control technologies will qualify for entry-level technician positions in environmental control areas such as heating, air conditioning, and energy management.
- A bachelor's degree provides more understanding of the technologies used.
- A graduate degree is needed for research or teaching positions.
- Environmental control technicians work in research and development, manufacturing, construction, operations, and government.
- Air-Cond/Refrig/Heat Technician
- Energy Auditor
- Environmental Health Inspector
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Pollution Control Technician
- Solar Energy Engineer