Spanish Language & LiteraturePrint
Topics of Study
This is a general program that focuses on the Spanish language and related dialects. It includes instruction in Spanish philology, Modern Castellan, various Latin American dialects, and regional Spanish dialects. You will learn to speak, listen to, read, and write the language you are studying. You will learn the grammar, syntax, punctuation, and pronunciation of the language. Also you will study the culture and literature produced in the country and in other areas where the language is spoken.
- A certificate or associate degree may be useful in occupations such as customs official or travel agent, or to work in a country where Spanish is spoken.
- A bachelor's degree is usually required to enter occupations such as teacher, translator, researcher, or interpreter.
- A graduate degree is usually required to work in fields such as international law, business, or medicine.
- A doctoral degree is required for teaching in higher education.
- Customs Inspector
- Flight Attendant
- Foreign Service Officer
- Teacher (Foreign Language)
- Telephone Operator
- Travel Guide
- Welfare Eligibility Worker