Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn how to perform the duties of special assistants and personal secretaries for practicing physicians and nurses, health care facilities and services administrators, and other health care professionals. You will study business and medical communications medical terminology, and principles of health care operations. You will also learn about software applications, record-keeping and filing systems, scheduling and meeting planning, and professional standards and ethics.
- A certificate or associate degree prepares you for jobs such as medical secretary or administrative assistant in a doctor's office, hospital, or public health care facility.
- Administrative Asst/Exec Sec
- Health Services Administrator
- Interviewing/New Accounts Clerk
- Medical Record Administrator
- Medical Record Technician
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Office Manager
- Receptionist/Information Clerk