Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn to plan, design, and manage systems and facilities used to collect, store, retrieve, and transmit medical records and other health information used by clinical professionals and health care organizations. You will study principles and basic content of biomedical and clinical sciences, information technology and applications, and data and database management. You will learn about clinical research methodologies, health information resources and systems, office management, legal requirements, and professional standards.
- A certificate or associate degree program prepares individuals for entry-level jobs in medical records administration.
- A bachelor's degree is required for medical records administration positions in hospital and public health care facilities.
- A graduate degree is required for work in upper-level management or college teaching.
- Health Services Administrator
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Record Administrator
- Medical Record Technician
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Transcriptionist