Health-Related Professions/Svcs, GenPrint
Topics of Study
This broad major is intended to orient you to health services and allied health sciences as a whole. This is an introductory program that prepares individuals either for entry into specialized training programs or for a variety of concentrations in the allied health sciences. You will receive instruction in basic sciences, research and clinical procedures, and aspects related to various health occupations. You will take a series of general education courses in math, biological and social sciences, and humanities, along with instruction in specialized areas.
- A certificate in a specific program will qualify for work in entry-level positions within a community health program, such as a dental hygienist or radiologic technologist.
- A bachelor's degree is required for jobs in therapy and social work.
- A graduate degree is often required for management positions in health services.
- A doctoral degree is required to teach in college or do research.
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Dietetic Technician
- EEG Technologist
- Geriatric Aide
- Health Educator
- Home Health and Care Aide
- Naturopathic Physician
- Nursing/Psychiatric Aide
- Surgical Technologist
- Weight Reduction Specialist