Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn about the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. You will study the concept of supply and demand and its effect on the marketplace; employment trends and their effect on government and its policies; and the use of natural, financial, and technological resources and its effect on the population. Economics students study about inflation, recession, monetary policies, unemployment, international business, and a wide variety of economic principles which influence world commerce.
- An associate degree can be used as background for many jobs in business.
- A bachelor's degree provides a good background for many occupations in business, government, agriculture, public administration, and international relations.
- A graduate degree is usually required to work as an economist and for some administrative positions in business.
- A doctoral degree is usually necessary to teach in college.
- Graduates who have a degree in economics may also find work opportunities in the areas of insurance, banking, labor relations, investing, marketing, and small business operations.