Psychology, Clinical & CounselingPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn about the science of mind and behavior, and the analysis and treatment of behavior problems and disorders. This major prepares individuals for the professional practice of clinical psychology, and for counseling individuals. You will study clinical assessment and diagnosis, appraisal of personality, behavior intervention and modification techniques, individual and group therapy, and the ethics and standards of clinical psychology.
- A bachelor's degree prepares individuals for further advanced study in clinical and counseling psychology.
- A doctoral degree plus at least one year of post-doctoral studies is usually required for psychologists in independent practice.
- Graduates with a degree in psychology may find opportunities in social work, teaching, criminology, and as child care workers and guidance counselors.
- Counselor (Career)
- Counselor (Mental Health)
- Counselor (Rehabilitation)
- Counselor (School/College)
- Counselor (Substance Abuse)
- Psychologist, Clinical
- Residential Counselor
- Student Services Specialist