Colleges, universities, and scholarship agencies that order records through the ACT EOS service now have access to predictive modeling data at no extra charge.
The modeling data predicts four enrollment behaviors:
- How likely a student is to enroll out of state (Mobility Index)
- How likely a student is to enroll at a private college or university (Institution Type Index)
- The selectivity of the institution at which a student is most likely to enroll (Selectivity Index)
- The size of the institution at which a student is most likely to enroll (Institution Size Index)
The data is not available for PLAN EOS.
Benefits of Using Predictive Modeling Data
Predictive modeling gives you information that allows you to segment and target students you recruit more precisely—which can save money and be more effective.
The predictive modeling data appended to each record allows you to determine if students want your type of institution or where it is located. This information can help you make strategic decisions about which students to contact with print material or email, and how to message those students you contact.
For example, imagine that your institution is a large, public university of medium selectivity. Which students would be more likely to enroll in your type of institution? Those students would have a:
- lower score on the Institution Type Index (indicating they were more likely to enroll at a public institution)
- higher score on the Institution Size Index
- medium score on the Selectivity Index
In-state students would have a lower score on the Mobility Index (indicating they were not likely to enroll out of state).
In contrast, in-state students who aren't looking at your type of institution may have:
- a high score on the Mobility Index
- a high score on the Institution Type Index
- a high score on the Selectivity Index
- a low score on the Institution Size Index
For Additional Information About Predictive Modeling
- Talk with your enrollment consultant or student search consultant. If your institution uses outside consultants for general enrollment strategies or student search strategies, you will want to discuss uses of EOS predictive modeling data with them.
- Contact the ACT postsecondary field staff who work with institutions in your state.
ACT also provides institution-specific predictive modeling data through the ACT Predictive Modeling Service.