Educational Opportunity Service (EOS)
Postsecondary educational institutions
EOS is a tool to help colleges and universities build a pool of qualified prospective students. The aim is to help the institution increase applications and enrollment from targeted groups of prospective students.
Volume/Number of Users
- PLAN® EOS: More than 1.2 million sophomores from the high school graduating class of 2013 took the PLAN test, and nearly 70% indicate they plan to attend a two-year or four-year college or university.
- ACT® EOS: More than 1.6 million students from the high school graduating class of 2011 took the ACT.
- EOS allows the college or university to identify prospective students from across the country using richly detailed information.
- EOS encompasses students who take ACT's PLAN test in their sophomore year and students who take the ACT, primarily in their junior and senior years.
- Names may be purchased by state, EIS marketing segment, county, or ZIP code to pinpoint the markets the institution is most interested in.
Student names may be selected using one or more of the following factors:
- Academic ability
- High school GPA and class rank
- Religious affiliation
- Family income
- Type of high school
- College extracurricular plans