ACT QualityCore is the high school instructional improvement component of ACT’s College and Career Readiness System. It is designed to raise the quality and intensity of high school core courses.
Flexible components allow educators to improve and align high school curriculum and instructional materials. These components include:
- instructional resources
- test builder/formative item pools
- end-of-course assessments
- score reports and progress reporting
Volume/Number of Users
More than 1.2 million exams have been administered since the program began in 2008. Usage has spanned 42 states.
ACT QualityCore allows educators to:
- Focus on fewer, clearer, and higher course standards
- Use formative assessments to guide instruction and make targeted interventions
- Measure student progress through benchmarks and end-of-course assessments
- Provide training opportunities for teachers and leaders
- Customize instruction to the needs of specific classrooms, schools, and districts
ACT QualityCore standards in reading, writing, speaking and listening, language, and math are aligned 100% to the Common Core State Standards.
The 12 courses covered include:
- English courses for Grades 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Math courses including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and Precalculus
- Science courses including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- US History
ACT research and development teams partnered with the nation’s leading educators to develop this program designed to raise the quality and intensity of high school core courses. Course standards are validated by a group of teachers nationwide.