- December 14 2012Two major testing organizations, ACT and ATA, Inc., today announced they are entering into a strategic alliance to address key education and workforce development needs in the greater China market.
- October 31 2012The American Council on Education (ACE) has recommended that postsecondary educational institutions award college credit in applied critical thinking to individuals who earn the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC™). ACE recommends that three credit hours be awarded to recipients who earn specific levels of the credential.
- October 24 2012Lights. Camera. Action. ACT is sponsoring a video contest to encourage high school juniors and seniors to use their creativity to share information with other ACT test takers. Videos may be entered in any of five categories: test day tips, the use of photo IDs for admission, the consequences of cheating, the ACT English Test, or myths about the ACT test.
- October 16 2012ACT, Inc., has selected LaMar C. Bunts to lead its International Programs, which offers education and workforce services to organizations across the globe.
- October 8 2012Two new members have been added to the Board of Directors for ACT, Inc., and three existing directors have been designated as officers of the board.
- October 4 2012ACT, Inc., has selected Parminder Jassal, Ph.D., to head the ACT Foundation as the founding executive director. Dr. Jassal will provide leadership and strategic vision to launch the Foundation with the objective of improving underserved students’ success in both education and the workplace.
- September 27 2012
IOWA CITY, Iowa—ACT, Inc., the nonprofit leader in college and career readiness assessment, today announced new details about its upcoming “next generation” assessment system. The new program, which will span elementary grades through high school, will be called ACT Aspire.
- August 22 2012
IOWA CITY, Iowa—Success in college and career is at risk for at least 60 percent of likely college-bound 2012 U.S. high school graduates, according to nonprofit ACT’s newly released report, The Condition of College & Career Readiness 2012. The annual report focuses on the scores earned by graduating seniors who took the ACT college and career readiness exam—this year a record 52 percent of the U.S. graduating class.
- August 8 2012A new book co-authored by Wesley R. Habley, ACT's principal associate in educational services and coordinator of state organizations, has been released to the public. Increasing Persistence: Research-Based Strategies for College Student Success, co-written by Habley, Jennifer L. Bloom, and Steve Robbins, is a compendium on college student persistence that bridges the gaps between theory, research, and successful practice.
New Research Finds High School Academic Levels Impact ACT Test Taking and College Enrollment BehaviorsJuly 12 2012
IOWA CITY, Iowa—ACT, Inc., the nonprofit leader in college and career readiness assessment, today released results from its new 2012 Enrollment Management Trends Report. ACT enrollment research has consistently found that student academic achievement as measured by ACT scores is an important indicator of enrollment behaviors.
ACT to Launch Next Generation College and Career Readiness Assessment System Aligned To Common Core State Standards and MoreJuly 2 2012
IOWA CITY, Iowa—ACT, Inc., the nonprofit leader in college and career readiness assessment, today announced its plan to launch a “next generation” assessment system spanning early elementary grades through high school. The new system will advance ACT’s mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success by providing students, parents and educators with the information they need to know whether students are on track for success in college and 21st century careers.
- May 14 2012
IOWA CITY, IOWA—ACT’s Office for Innovation offers the public an opportunity to meet Saul Kaplan, the founder and chief catalyst of the Business Innovation Factory (BIF) and author of the just released book The Business Model Innovation Factory: How to Stay Relevant When the World is Changing.
- April 11 2012
CHICAGO—ACT, Inc., the leading, not-for-profit provider of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in education and workforce development, today launched its “Tomorrow’s Workforce Now” initiative, a commitment to help American businesses and workers meet the challenges of the 21st century. ACT announced the initiative as part of the opening ceremonies for its 15th annual national conference spotlighting best practices in workforce development and credentialing.
- March 28 2012
IOWA CITY, IOWA – ACT is proud to announce new safeguards that will further ensure score integrity and meet students in the advanced technology world they live in today.
- March 14 2012
IOWA CITY, Iowa—ACT, Inc., has chosen the winners of its annual poster contest. The winners were selected from more than 500 entries from 47 different states. The purpose of the poster is to encourage students to plan and prepare for college. Winners are selected based on the poster’s creativity, visual appeal and overall impact.
- March 7 2012National workforce leaders will give keynote addresses at the Workforce 2012: ACT’s National Workforce Development Conference, April 10-13 at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago.