The Science Test
The PLAN Science Test measures your scientific reasoning
skills, based on material that is typically taught in first- and second-year high school general science courses.
The material includes topics in biology, chemistry, physics, geology, astronomy, and meteorology.
The test presents five sets of scientific information, using three formats:
- Data representation format (two sets)
- Graphs, tables, diagrams, etc.
- Research summaries format (two sets)
- Descriptions of several related experiments
- Conflicting viewpoints format (one set)
- Two or more interpretations that are inconsistent with one another
Several multiple-choice questions follow each set. To answer them, you must:
- understand the information provided
- examine critically the relationships between the information and the possible interpretations
- generalize from the information in order to draw conclusions or make predictions
You may not use a calculator on the Science Test.