2012 Reality of College Readiness Report
This national report and the series of state reports trace the enrollment, retention, and transfer patterns of 2010 ACT-tested high school graduates. Among the findings:
- Many students who intend to go to college never enroll.
- Many students with the academic skills necessary to succeed in college enrolled in 2010 but were not enrolled at any institution in 2011.
- Many students delay enrollment in college for at least a year after high school graduation.
- Students whose interest patterns are consistent with their choice of academic program are more likely to re-enroll for a second year of college.
- The Reality of College Readiness 2012 (PDF; 12 pages, 2MB)
|Select a state to view its report:||Can't use the map?|