- Improving College & Career Readiness
- About This Report
- College Readiness
- Educational/Career Aspirations
- Access & Preparation
- Academic Performance
- Academic Achievement & Academic Behaviors
- Looking Back at the Class of 2011
- Policies & Practices to Increase Readiness
- 2012 ACT National and State Scores
Percent of US Graduates Who Took the ACT
About 52% of all 2012 high school graduates in the United States took the ACT during high school, or about 1.66 million graduates.
From 2008 to 2012, the number of high school graduates who took the ACT increased by approximately 17%. This represents a 9 percentage point increase in the percent of all US high school graduates who took the ACT.