- Improving College & Career Readiness
- About This Report
- College Readiness
- Educational/Career Aspirations
- Access & Preparation
- Academic Performance
- Academic Achievement & Academic Behaviors
- Looking Back at the Class of 2011
- Policies & Practices to Increase Readiness
- 2012 ACT National and State Scores
ACT Scores Over Time
Test scores remained essentially the same between 2008 and 2012 even though about 17% more high school students took the ACT over this period and the tested population of students became more diverse.
Composite score averages ranged between 21.0 and 21.1 points during this time. The four subject score averages (English, Reading, Mathematics, and Science) showed similar changes in absolute value.
Average ACT Scores, 20082012
Graph reads: Between 2008 and 2012, the average ACT Reading score for all high school graduates decreased slightly from 21.4 to 21.3.