- Improving College & Career Readiness
- About This Report
- College Readiness
- Educational/Career Aspirations
- Access & Preparation
- Academic Performance
- A First Look at STEM
- Looking Back at the Class of 2012
- Academic Achievement & Academic Behaviors
- Policies & Practices to Increase Readiness
- 2013 ACT National and State Scores
Percent of US Graduates Who Took the ACT
About 54% of all 2013 high school graduates in the United States took the ACT during high school, or about 1.8 million graduates.
From 2009 to 2013, the number of high school graduates who took the ACT increased by approximately 22%. This represents a 9 percentage point increase in the number of all US high school graduates who took the ACT.