Class Profile Service
The Class Profile Service provides a comprehensive summary of a college's ACT-tested entering freshman class by showing parallel descriptions for students who sent scores, who enrolled, and who sent scores but did not enroll. In addition to making comparisons with national enrolled freshmen, the information can be used for enrollment planning and trend analyses. The most recent test record is used to develop the summary data described below.
By providing additional data, campuses can use the Class Profile Service to summarize cognitive and noncognitive variables at all stages of the enrollment funnel: for students who submitted their ACT scores, those who applied for admission, those who were admitted, and those who actually enrolled.
The basic report contains the following sections:
- Executive Summaryhighlights the academic characteristics of your enrolled freshmen.
- College Attractionshighlights your institution's position in the students' order of preference (1st choice, 2nd choice, etc.) at the time of testing.
- Academic Abilitiesprovides distributions of the ACT scale scores and high school grades.
- Goals and Aspirationsprovides summaries of students' educational major choices and their degree aspirations at the time of testing.
- Plans and Special Needsprovides student-level admission/enrollment information, needs for special programs or assistance, and financial aid considerations.
- High School Informationprovides information about the students' high school core curriculum preparation, academic background, and a list of the major feeder high schools.
- Competing Institutionsprovides the names of those institutions to which score reports were sent.Your institution also received one.
- Year-to-Year Trendsprovides five-year trend data on such areas as ACT scores, high school grades, family income, and special needs and interests.
Page section from sample Class Profile Report
ACT's Class Profile Service can help answer questions like:
- Has the popularity of selected academic majors changed in the last five years?
- What has been the trend in average ACT scores in the last five years?
- What proportion of ACT-tested students who designated our institution as their first choice actually enrolled?
- How successful have we been in enrolling minority students?
For more information, call the Class Profile Service Coordinator at 319/337-1111.
- Class Profile National Level Norm Report 2012–13 (PDF; 22 pages)
You may also read about other ACT Research Services for Educators.