Wind Turbine TechnicianPrint
WIND TURBINE TECHNICIANS inspect, adjust, and repair wind turbines. They perform scheduled maintenance on wind turbine equipment, and solve electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic problems. Wind turbine technicians work with drawings, prints, and schematics. They use testing equipment to perform quality control inspections. They prepare reports and check to make sure repairs are made. Wind turbine technicians may assist with new installations. They must follow safely policies and procedures.
Salary, Size & Growth
- $48,500 average per year ($23.25 per hour)
- A medium occupation (118,700 workers in 2010)
- Expected to grow moderately (0.9% per year)
Advancement for WIND TURBINE TECHNICIANS usually takes the form of higher pay and a wider range of responsibilities. Some may be promoted to supervisory positions. Chances for advancement are usually better in larger wind energy companies.
- Air-Cond/Refrig/Heat Technician
- Electrical/Electronics Tech
- Electronic Equip Rep (Indus)
- Maintenance Mechanic (General)
- Power House Mechanic
- Solar Energy System Installer