The ACT Global Academy for Measurement & Learning
Register for the 2019 ACT Global Academy for
Measurement & Learning
November 4-8, 2019 | Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Learn about current issues in the fields of assessment and learning from ACT’s world renowned researchers and subject matter experts.
The Academy’s goal is to offer a broad curriculum to help partners and educators gain insights into ACT’s institutional knowledge, research, and cutting-edge science. Join us, collaborate, and exchange ideas with educators, administrators, and policymakers from around the globe.
2019 ACT Global Academy for Measurement & Learning
When: 4-8-November 2019
Where: ACT Campus, Iowa City, Iowa
Who: Education professionals, leaders, researchers, and influencers
Sample Course Offerings
Science, Technology and Trends in Assessment and Learning
- Innovative Assessment Design: Learning Solutions for Creativity & Computational Thinking
- Mission to Mars: Artificial Intelligence and Collaborative Problem Solving in Cooperative Games
Transformative Initiatives & Custom Assessment
- Beyond Academics – A Holistic Framework for Enhancing Education and Workplace Success
- Adaptive Learning – Where Have We Been and Where are We Headed?
Large-Scale High Quality Assessment Design
- Assessing Multiple Dimensions of Understanding in Learners
- High Quality Assessment Design: Item Development, Benchmarks and Predictive Analytics
Social and Emotional Learning
- Social Emotional Learning Assessments: Global and Local – Taking a USA-Created Assessment to the Global Community
- Social Emotional Learning: Item Writing Workshop and Measurement
Global Workforce Development & Credentialing
- Global Workforce Trends in 2019 – What skills do today’s workers really need?
- Behavioral Skills and Navigation Factors for Workplace Success – What really matters?
Educator Solutions and Services
- Open Educational Resources: Helping Educators Make the Most of Powerful Classroom Tools
- The International Student Journey: Success and Struggles for Attending College in the US