New ACT Enroll
We’re pleased to announce that in May 2017 we launched the new ACT Enroll platform, which provides a more user-friendly, comprehensive search process for ACT- and PreACT-tested students.
Important upcoming dates:
- Last day to purchase PreACT names via PreACT EOS: September 10, 2017
- PreACT names available in ACT Enroll: September 15, 2017
Refer to resources below as you prepare for the new platform, beginning with the accompanying video, "ACT Enroll Prepare for Launch."
See below for frequently asked questions.
ACT Enroll Launch FAQs
- When can I expect to receive the email with instructions? An email notification with instructions was sent to institutions on May 1, 2017.
- How long do I have to sign up? The link in the email to your institution will expire after a time, so you will need to complete your account setup within 72 hours of receiving the email. If your link expires before you are able to sign in, or if you have not received your email by May 1 and you’ve checked that it isn’t caught in your spam folder, please call ACT Customer Service at 319.337.1350 or email ACT-EOS@act.org for assistance in getting a new link sent to you.
- Will I be able to access previous student list purchases or purchase duplicates of data already purchased on the previous platform? You will still be able to log into the ACT EOS application after May 1, 2017 but not make purchases there. You will be able to download your purchased programs until the expiration date of each individual purchased program through the old ACT EOS application. Purchases made on or after May 1 will only be possible through ACT Enroll.
- Will specific queries on student data made in the previous EOS platform carry over to the new platform? No. If you plan to continue to target the same cohorts of students, we suggest you access your current EOS account and record the parameters of your current ACT search purchases. Users can save their search criteria by logging into their EOS account and either copying and pasting their Program Details into a Word doc or printing the page to a PDF. This is important, but not required, as the ACT Enroll system will allow you to easily re-create your current searches or design new searches based upon new enrollment objectives.
- When will names be available? ACT EOS names have been available on the new ACT Enroll platform since May 1, 2017. PreACT names will be added to the ACT Enroll platform on September 15, 2017.
ACT Enroll System FAQS
- Why is there a delay when I create Student Residence and School Markets? When creating a Student Resident market and a School market for the first time, there may be a delay while the map data loads.
- Can I market to a specific major when I select a major using ACT EOS data? When creating a population using the ACT EOS data source, the Majors on the Educations Plans tab are listed using the National Center for Education Statistics’ Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes. We have mapped CIP Codes to ACT college majors and there can be multiple CIP codes mapped to a single ACT college major. CIP codes are more specific than the college major categories students have available when they select their intended college majors. Click here for additional information.
- When I open a .csv file in Excel why does it drop leading zeros? When a .csv file is clicked and opened it generally opens using Excel and leading zeros may be dropped for some data elements. If you created your data export file using the .csv format, you must import the .csv into Excel if you do not want the leading zeros dropped. If you created your data export file using the Excel data export format, your file will retain leading zeros. See instructions for how to import a .csv into Excel.
If you do not find the answers to your questions here or within the provided resources, please call ACT Customer Service at 319.337.1350 or email ACT-EOS@act.org.