ACT Test Scores
What is Test Information Release?
Through Test Information Release (TIR), you will receive a copy of the multiple-choice test questions used to determine your score, a list of your answers, and the answer key. If you took the writing test, you will also receive a copy of the writing prompt, the scoring rubric, and the scores assigned to your essay. Information about ordering a photocopy of your scanned answer document (including your essay if you took the writing test) for an additional fee will be included with your materials.
Please note: You cannot expect to receive the TIR service before the registration deadline or in time to study for the next test date.
Who is eligible for a Test Information Release?
The following populations are eligible to request and pay for a Test Information Release:
- Examinees who test through National testing at a National test center, on a National test date in either December, or June.
- Examinees who register for the June test date and test through ACT Special testing during the designated Special Testing Window in the US, US Territories, and Puerto Rico
This service is not offered for any other administrations of the ACT. See order forms for eligible dates, postmark deadlines, and additional restrictions.
- If you order and pay for this service and test on an ineligible test date, we will automatically refund this fee.
- If for any reason we have to replace the test version scheduled for use at your test center or reschedule the administration, this offer becomes void, and we will refund your fee for this service.
From online registration, up to 5 days after the test date, examinees have the option to purchase TIR online. This option is only available until the following Thursday at 12:00 p.m. (CST).
- Log in to your ACT Web Account.
- Select the Make Changes to Your Registration link.
- On the What do you want to change? page, select the change button associated with “Test Information Release” found on the right side of the screen. At this point, the status in the light blue box should read Ordered.
- To proceed with the order, click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Order Summary and Payment Information page, enter your payment information and click the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
Ordering by Mail
You can order a Test Information Release (TIR) when you register, or during the six-month period after your test date.
If you would like to order a Test Information Release after you test, you should download and print the applicable TIR order form: