Finding Your Path in Life
It's Never Too Early
How to find your path in life.
It’s never too early to think about your direction in life. Think about what you do well, what you enjoy doing, and how your interests and goals compare those needed in a career. Use these valuable tips to help discover your interests.
- Volunteer for a local nonprofit group or volunteer organization, especially one that looks interesting to you.
- Interview adults in your life about their careers and what they like best about them.
- Job shadow at a business that sounds interesting to you.
- Set up regular meetings with your school counselor to learn more about career options.
- Find a mentor, or person you trust with knowledge and experience, who can help you figure out your career.