Health/Medical Technology, GeneralPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn how to work in a medical laboratory, supervised by clinical laboratory scientists, perform routine medical laboratory procedures and tests, and apply preset strategies to record and analyze data. You will learn how to use precise instruments to process blood and test and analyze blood samples. You will study general laboratory procedures, laboratory mathematics, hematology, medical microbiology, immunology, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, and computer applications.
- A certificate or associate degree program may qualify for work as a clinical/medical laboratory technician.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred for most technology specialties.
- A graduate degree is required for management or teaching positions.
- Blood Bank Technologist
- Dialysis Technician
- EEG Technologist
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Technologist