Small Business Management/OperationsPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn how to start-up, market, operate, and manage your own business. You will develop a broad background in administration, personnel supervision, marketing, accounting, business law, and computer applications. You will also learn basic management and business principles, business communication, and interpersonal skills. You will study capitalization and investment, taxation, e-commerce, and home business operations.
- A certificate program is often designed to help small-business owners learn how to run their businesses more efficiently.
- An associate or bachelor's degree provides a background in the many topics required to run a business, such as accounting, management, and employer laws.
- Graduate degrees are offered for those who have a bachelor's degree in another field.
- A doctoral degree is usually needed for research or college teaching.
- A degree in small business management/operations is helpful in almost any field of small business ownership.
- Antiques/Art Dealer
- Association Executive
- Business Agent
- Cleaning Service Operator
- Daycare Operator (Child/Adult)
- Funeral Director
- Nursery/Greenhouse Manager
- Restaurant/Bar Manager
- Retail Store Manager
- Wedding Consultant