Topics of Study
In this program, you will focus on the methods and techniques for reporting, producing, and delivering news and news programs via radio, television, and video/film media. You will learn how to be a professional broadcast journalist, editor, producer, director, or manager. Topics of study include broadcast technology; broadcast reporting; program, sound and video/film editing; program design and production; media law and policy; and professional standards and ethics.
- A certificate or an associate degree will qualify for support jobs in journalism writing or editing, announcing, or related jobs.
- A bachelor's degree prepares individuals to be a broadcast journalist, reporter, news editor, producer or director, or photojournalist.
- A graduate degree will provide further opportunities in management and in teaching.
- Advertising Copywriter
- Movie/TV Director
- Public Relations Specialist
- Radio/TV Announcer/Newscaster
- Radio/TV Program Writer
- Technical Writer