Automotive Engineering TechnologyPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn how to use basic engineering principles and technical skills to assist engineers and other professionals who develop, manufacture, and test self-propelled ground vehicles and their systems. This program includes instruction in vehicular systems technology, design and development testing, prototype and operational testing, inspection and maintenance procedures, instrument calibration, test equipment operation and maintenance, and report preparation.
- A certificate or associate degree is sufficient for an entry-level job, such as an automotive engineering technician. Further training is necessary for more advanced positions in more complex technologies. Automotive engineering technicians find work in industry, business, and government in all phases of design, manufacturing, and sales. This includes careers in the military and teaching.
- Automotive Body Repairer
- Automotive Engineer
- Automotive Technician
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Tech
- Nondestructive Tester
- Pollution Control Technician
- Robot Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
- Traffic Engineering Technician