Engineering Technology, GeneralPrint
Topics of Study
This broad major will orient you to engineering technology as a whole. You will learn engineering principles and develop technical skills to assist engineers and others who work projects such as development of land resources, surveying, power and transportation systems, and hydraulics technology. You will study engineering support functions to be used in research, production, and operations. You will also learn how to prepare reports related to project specifications and outcomes, as well as to other aspects of the projects.
- A certificate or associate degree will qualify for surveyor assistant and technician positions.
- Some students complete a two-year college program and transfer to a four-year college to complete a bachelor's degree, required for many positions.
- Energy Auditor
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Laser Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Tech
- Metallurgical Technician
- Nondestructive Tester
- Nuclear Reactor Operator
- Pollution Control Technician
- Quality Control Technician
- Robot Technician
- Teacher (Vocational/Technical)
- Telecommunications Technician
- Textile Technician
- Traffic Engineering Technician
- Wind Turbine Technician