An actual ACT Mathematics Test contains 60 questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- Read each question carefully to make sure you understand the type of answer required.
- If you choose to use a calculator, be sure it is permitted, is working on test day, and has reliable batteries.
- Use your calculator wisely.
- Solve the problem.
- Locate your solution among the answer choices.
- Make sure you answer the question asked.
- Make sure your answer is reasonable.
- Check your work.
- Review the latest information on permitted and prohibited calculators.
- You are not required to use a calculator. All the problems can be solved without a calculator.
- If you regularly use a calculator in your mathematics work, use one you're familiar with when you take the mathematics test. Using a more powerful, but unfamiliar, calculator is not likely to give you an advantage over using the kind you normally use.
Click on letter choices below to view the correct answer and explanations.