Junior High/Middle School EducationPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn about the theory and practice of teaching students in the middle, intermediate or junior high grades, which may include grades four through nine by regulation. To teach at the middle school and higher, you will study a particular area of concentration, and take general education courses to develop good teaching and supervision skills. You will study how individuals learn and acquire their own unique set of values and personal characteristics. Study in this field concludes with a student teaching experience.
- A certificate or an associate degree is adequate to become a paraprofessional and work as a teacher's aide.
- A bachelor's degree is required for most occupations related to this field.
- A graduate degree is required in some states.
- A doctoral degree is required to teach in higher education.
- Teacher (Art/Music/Drama/Speech)
- Teacher (Elementary)
- Teacher (Physical Education)
- Teacher (Secondary)
- Teacher (Special Education)