Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn about computer system administration, networking and LAN/WAN management, systems security, and web/multimedia management. You will learn how to manage computer operations and control system configurations at a specific site or network. You will learn how to oversee and regulate the computer system of an entire organization, and how to assess the security needs of computer network systems. You will also learn how to design, implement, and maintain Internet and Intranet communication systems.
- A certificate or associate's degree prepares individuals to install and support computer networks and communications systems.
- A four-year degree prepares individuals to work in the same areas with a higher level of responsibility.
- A graduate degree may be needed to set up and maintain larger systems or can lead to teaching positions.
- Computer Network Specialist
- Computer Security Analyst
- Computer Support Specialist
- Information Systems Manager
- Internet/Intranet Programmer
- Security Manager