Computer System AdministrationPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn to manage computer operations and control system configurations to accomplish specific types of tasks. You will learn how to oversee and regulate the computer system of an entire organization, and how to assess the security needs of computer network systems. You will also learn how to design, implement, and maintain Internet and Intranet systems.
- A certificate or associate's degree prepares individuals to work as a webmaster, LAN/WAN manager, or as support for other systems administrators.
- A four-year degree prepares individuals to work as an information technology specialist, systems administrator, computer security specialist or as an information technology administrator.
- A graduate degree can lead to teaching positions.
- Computer Network Specialist
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Security Analyst
- Computer Software Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Database Programmer
- Information Systems Manager
- Security Manager
- Word Process/Data Entry Keyer