Communications Technology, GeneralPrint
Topics of Study
In this program, you will learn about the work of equipment operators, support technicians, and operations managers in the film/video, recording, and graphic communications industries. You will develop the technical knowledge and skills to help communications professionals and communications staff who work in fields such as education, film, photography, and the media. You will learn radio, television, and digital media production, film and tape editing, camera and microphone procedures and techniques, sound mixing, and the operation of related technical equipment.
- A certificate or an associate degree from a career-technical school or two-year college may prepare you to assist with the operation of communications equipment and perform other support jobs in the mass media field.
- A bachelor's degree may prepare you for more technical jobs at radio or television stations or in corporations where digital communication systems are used.
- Advanced degrees will qualify for government, education, and social services work.
- Broadcast Technician
- Movie/TV Director
- Public Relations Specialist
- Radio/TV Announcer/Newscaster
- Website Developer