Terms and Conditions Governing Access and Use of the ACT Internet Site
The ACT Internet site is maintained by ACT, Inc., as a service to individuals and the educational and business communities who use the Internet. Access to and use of the ACT Internet site are subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws. These terms and conditions may be revised or updated by ACT, Inc.
- Copyright: All content in the ACT Internet site is copyrighted. No material may be distributed, downloaded, modified, reused, reproduced, reposted, retransmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast, circulated, or otherwise used except as expressly stated either in such materials or in this notice without the express written permission of ACT, Inc. For permission to reproduce copyrighted materials, contact the ACT Publications Department at Publications@act.org.
- Use: The purpose of this website is to provide information and services related to ACT's programs and services. All materials are provided solely for personal, institutional, or demonstration non-commercial use.
- No representations: ACT attempts to keep the contents of this site accurate and current, but makes no warranties or representations in this regard. Visitors and users therefore agree that all access to and use of the ACT Internet site is at the user's sole risk. NEITHER ACT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY ASSOCIATED WITH ACT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER TO THE ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE ACT INTERNET SITE OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY WAY OF THAT SITE, OR TO ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT HEREOF. Users and visitors specifically waive any and all claims they may have against all of the foregoing entities and individuals arising out of or relating to access to or use of this site.
- Notice and disclaimer: ACT provides various online registrations, applications, and request forms as a convenience to its users. All users of these services do so at their sole risk and without any representations, warranties, or assurances by ACT regarding the security of the information that they provide online (including credit card information). ACT further makes no representations, warranties, or assurances that the information users supply online will be transmitted immediately or correctly to ACT or will be processed in the amount of time users require to meet their needs. By using these online services, all users expressly acknowledge and agree that they will not have or assert any claims of any kind or character against ACT or its employees or agents relating in any way to their use of the service(s).
- Notice and disclaimer: ACT provides electronic commerce as an optional service and convenience to our customers. All users of this service do so at their sole risk and without any representations, warranties, or assurances by ACT regarding the security of the information that is provided as part of the electronic commerce (including credit card information) or the timeliness or effectiveness of the delivery of purchased items. By using the electronic commerce service, customers expressly acknowledge and agree that they will not have or assert any claims of any kind or character against ACT or its employees or agents relating in any way to the customer's use of the service.
- Trademarks: The following are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACT:
- ACT® National Curriculum Survey®
- Aspire Assessment System®
- Career Ready 101®
- National Career Readiness Certificate & Design®
- National Career Readiness Certificate®
- National. Learning. Economy.®
- ACT Assessment®
- Express Score®
- Global Assessment Certificate & Design®
- AIM ACT® Information Manager®
- Holistic Framework™
- Pacific Metrics™
- Linking to the ACT Internet site: We are pleased you want to create a link to the ACT Internet site. We ask that you observe the following conditions:
- Links pertaining to ACT programs and services should point only to the URL http://www.act.org. These addresses will not change.
- Upon establishing a link to the ACT website, please send an email including the URL of the link's page, a contact person's name, and email address to the email@example.com.
- You may use the words "ACT," or "ACT, Inc.," for a text link. We are no longer known as American College Testing.
- Permission is not granted to include material from the ACT Internet site on other websites. You may only include a link directing a browser to material on the ACT Internet site.
- No permission is given to use the official ACT logo or any other graphics or images from the ACT website.
- Links from the ACT Internet site: ACT provides links to other websites for informational purposes only. ACT is not responsible for the content in other sites, and links from the ACT website to other sites are not intended to imply endorsement of them by ACT.
No use of any ACT trademark is permitted without express written consent from ACT, Inc. For more information, contact the ACT Publications Department at Publications@act.org.
Microsoft, Windows, and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.