Section Retesting Postponed Due to COVID-19
ACT has postponed the introduction of section retesting to provide more test center capacity for students taking the full ACT test. Our priority is to expand access to full ACT testing, particularly for students in need of a composite score for admissions decisions, scholarship opportunities, placement, and career insights. We will provide more section retesting information as it becomes available.
Retake one specific test section, instead of the full test.
Section retesting enables students to showcase their skills and accomplishments gained over a lifetime – not just their test-taking abilities on a particular day.
Why Section Retesting is Important and How it Promotes Student Success
- Lets students take individual ACT test sections or subjects again.
- Students must first take a full ACT test and have a valid composite score on file.
- Students will be able to take up to three section retests on any one test date.
- There will be no limits on the number of times a student may take a retest.
- Will be offered seven times a year, on the same dates as the national ACT test.