Step 1: Orientation - Learn about test formats and policies; select test dates and provide shipping information; select test staff and set up accounts.
Step 2: Configuration - verify enrollment for test materials.
Step 3: Accommodation - Learn about accessibility supports; request accommodations and/or supports; request qualified exceptions to the deadline.
Step 4: Preparation - Order test materials; complete non-test activities; provide examinees test prep information; prepare your facility, staff, and materials; update examinee information.
Step 5: Administration - Administer the test.
Step 6: Transportation: Return test materials..
Step 7: Interpretation - Access and understand score reports; share reporting information with examinees.
Your Schedule of Events (coming soon) contains all dates and deadlines for your test event. Check it frequently to ensure you're on track for a successful administration.
- Test Window 1: April 14, 2022
- Test Accommodations Test Window 1: April 14 - 27, 2022
- Test Window 2: April 28, 2022
- Test Accommodations Test Window 2: April 28, 2022 - May 4, 2022
Learn about Test Formats and Policies
- What's New
- Testing Policies and Information (manual section - select the first result listed after apply search filters) (coming soon)
November 1 - December 3, 2021
PearsonAccessnext is the web application used by testing staff (i.e., test coordinators) to complete managing participation.
- PearsonAccessnext User Guide (document – select the Test Date and Materials Receipt Selection section)
- Test Date Selection (Manage Participation) (training tutorial)
Select Test Staff
- Staff Requirements, Roles,and Responsibilities (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
- Test Site Staff WorkKeys Manual Verification Form (webform)
- How to Choose Your Testing Staff (training tutorial)
Tip: Pay close attention to the dates that ACT is asking you to select on the Manage Participation screen.
Tip: All enrolled students need to be uploaded into the OEAA Secure Site by the date listed on your Schedule of Events.
Verify Enrollment Counts:
- Verify student information and order additional materials via the OEAA Secure Site
Tip: If you need to order additional materials, be sure to do so by the additional order date listed on your Schedule of Events
Learn about Accessibility Supports
- WorkKeys Accessibility Supports Guide (document)
Arrange for Accommodations and/or English Learner (EL) Supports
- Testing with Accessibility Supports (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
- WorkKeys-Translated Test Directions for English Leaners (document)
Tip: Review the Accessibility Support Guide if you have questions about the accommodations and supports available for ACT WorkKeys.
Order Test Materials
Order Test Materials (coming soon)
Complete Non-Test Activities
- Non-Test Activities (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
Tip: Decide whether examinees will complete the demographics portion of their answer document in a non-test session before test day or as the first part of their test session on test day. If before test day, schedule a time for a non-test session. If on test day, be sure to account for this time in your testing schedule.
Provide Examinees Test Prep Information
Prepare Your Facility, Staff, and Test Materials
- Test Facilities (administration manual section)
- Test Staff (administration manual section)
- Test Materials (administration manual section)
- Test Administration (administration manual section)
- Test Day Overview for Room Supervisors for WorkKeys (video)
- On Demand ACT WorkKeys Test Administration Training (webinar) (coming soon)
- WorkKeys Test Administration Training slides (document) (coming soon)
Tip: Review the “Receipt and Check-In of Test Materials” section of the Test Coordinator Information Manual before receiving your shipment. Have it available to refer to while unpacking your test materials.
Tip: Remember to hold a training session with all testing staff (new and old) before test day. This is required and is separate from the briefing session that happens on test day. Suggested topics to cover during the training session are in your administration manual.
Administer the Test
Test Window 1 Standard Time Administration Date: April 14, 2022
Test Window 1 Accommodations Administration Window: April 14-27, 2022
Test Window 2 Standard Time Administration Date: April 28, 2022
Test Window 2 Accommodations Administration Window: April 28 - May 4, 2022
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Manual - Standard Time Paper (document)
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Manual - Accommodations Paper (document)
- ACT Test Coordinator Information Manual (document)
- Test Administration Form - ACT WorkKeys Standard Time Paper (document)
- Test Administration Form - ACT WorkKeys Accommodations Paper (document)
- ACT WorkKeys Test Directions (English) (document)
- Calculator Policy (document)
- ACT-Authorized Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries List (document)
- Administration Supplement (document) (coming soon)
- Prohibited Device Poster (document)
- USB Troubleshooting Tips (document)
Tip: Ensure you are using the correct materials for your test date. Using test booklets assigned for another test date will result in the cancellation of scores.
Tip: Make sure examinees properly grid the form code into the Test Form block on their answer documents. This is essential to the answer documents being scored properly.
Tip: If you are testing an examinee authorized for English learner supports, have the ACT-Authorized Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries list handy to verify at check in that the examinee’s dictionary can be used for testing.
Return Test Materials
Test Window 1 Standard Time Testing Materials Receipt Deadline: April 25, 2022
Test Window 1 Accommodations Testing Materials Receipt Deadline: May 6, 2022
Test Window 2 Standard Time Testing Materials Receipt Deadline: May 9, 2022
Test Window 2 Accommodations Testing Materials Receipt Deadline: May 13, 2022
- Collecting, Packing, and Returning Materials
- Secure Storage and Transport Test Materials Form (document)
- How to Return Test Materials-WorkKeys (training tutorial)
Tip: Test coordinators should verify completeness and accuracy of materials received from room supervisors before returning them to ACT. Check that all Test Administration Forms are filled out and check that the test form code is properly gridded on each answer document.
Tip: Test coordinators need to completely fill out the front of the processing envelope(s).
Tip: Do not return unused answer documents; keep those for makeup testing from initial test date
Tip: Return materials for all accommodations examinees together at the end of the testing window. Do not return individual materials as they are completed.
Tip: If you received any additional orders, the return shipping labels received with these orders will require you to fill in your high school name and code. These fields are already completed on initial order labels.
Access and Understand Score Reports
See your Score Report Schedule for release dates
- Score Report Schedule for ACT WorkKeys (coming soon)
- Sample Individual Summary Score Report (document)
- Sample ACT WorkKeys Roster Score Report (document)
- ACT WorkKeys Scale Score Interpretation Guide (document)
- Understanding the Scores and Using Data (coming soon)
- Score Level Interpretation - Applied Math
- Score Level Interpretation - Graphic Literacy
- Score Level Interpretation - Workplace Documents
Activity: Share Information with Examinees
- How to Use Your WorkKeys Results (document)
- How the WorkKeys Assessments Can Work for You (document)
- WorkKeys-NCRC Benefits Student Letter (document)
- Using the Occupational Profile Database (video)
- Occupational Profiling Database
- Create a New MyWorkKeys Account (document) - Students need to follow these instructions if they did not receive an email or report with a MyWorkKeys.com username or password.
- Access a Pre-Created (or Existing) My WorkKeys account (document) - Students need to follow these instructions if they receive an email or report with MyWorkKeys.com username and password
Tip: Examinees who achieve a minimum score of three (3) or higher on each subject test may be eligible to receive an ACT® WorkKeys® NCRC®.
Tip: Examinees who earn an ACT WorkKeys NCRC can access test scores as well as view, print, and share their certificate by either creating an account or accessing an existing account at myworkkeys.com
creating an account or accessing an existing account at myworkkeys.com.
Tip: Examinees can use the Occupational Profiling Database to search for careers that match their ACT WorkKeys scores.