Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. You will be able to receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests, and share opportunities with friends and family through social media or email.
At ACT, Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities, and employee benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
In addition to a strong mission-driven culture, work at ACT is grounded in three guiding principles.
- Holistic – We assess and appreciate each person’s unique traits and skills, to help navigate toward college and career success.
- Inclusive – We do everything we can to level the playing field for everyone, regardless of needs, backgrounds, or resources.
- Transformational – We lead the industry through our research and technology, constantly evolving as an integral part of the learning process.
Learning is the Future
In 1959 ACT disrupted the assessment industry. Now we’re doing it again. This time we’re also helping people learn.
We're connecting our world-renowned assessment services to cutting-edge learning and learning analytics. More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Pushing the boundaries of learning innovation begins with our people. At ACT, we call them team members because we’re all in this together. Team members turn technology and data into holistic, actionable information. Their bold risks result in life-changing education and workplace solutions.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That’s why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
When empowered team members commit to doing important work, the team becomes unstoppable.
We deliver a full benefits package, and more.
ACT offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, generous holidays and paid time off, retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, relocation fees, and scholarships for team members’ children.
We encourage work/life balance through flexible work arrangements.
In addition to generous leave time, ACT provides many convenience services to help you juggle your personal and professional life. We also offer flex time and other benefits to make life easier for you.
Health and Wellness
ACT is committed to helping team members thrive.
We provide a Wellness Center with plenty of equipment and showers, a nurse practitioner, fitness classes, and other activities to promote good health. Our campus is bike friendly with racks and repair stations.
We make community connections a part of our mission to improve lives.
ACT offers financial and volunteer support to communities and organizations throughout the nation. We encourage you to make a positive difference.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our leaders bring cross-cultural insights and a boundary-breaking perspective.
ACT team members are dispersed across the U.S. and around the world. Their multicultural and thought diversity enriches our organization and informs the solutions we’re delivering to markets where traditional borders no longer apply. We are constantly looking for talented, committed individuals - from every background - to join us in our mission.
ACT Diversity and Inclusion Policies, Notices and Other Information
ACT’s managers actively recruit, hire, train, retain, and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (PDF)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) (PDF)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Supplement (EEO Supplement) (PDF)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (PDF)
Summer Internship Program
Helping people achieve success starts right on our own campus. We support students in their transition to the workforce by providing hands-on experience through our annual internship program.
The program allows graduate and undergraduate students to work in their field and potentially gain full-time employment based on performance and ACT organization growth.
- Undergraduate: open to juniors or seniors
- Graduate: must show completion of advanced coursework in area of study
- Grade point average must be 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Exhibit excellence in and motivation for learning
- Embrace empowerment and innovation
- Support diversity of people and ideas
- Value and respond to the needs of the customer
- Paid 10-week internship from June 3, 2019 – August 9, 2019
- Meaningful projects with dedicated mentors
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Travel and housing available for those outside a 50-mile radius of Iowa City, Iowa
- Community involvement through a group volunteer activity
- Summer Fridays allow for group fun outings
- Creative Class ranked Iowa City as a second “best Cities for College Grads”
- Workforce Award from the Corridor Business Journal in the Best Internship Program for College Students Category.
Freelance and Item Writing Positions
ACT item writers are educators from across the United States. They ensure that our English, Reading, Mathematics, and Science Tests represent what is taught in classrooms nationwide and reflect a balance in gender, race/ethnicity, and geographical representation.
ACT WorkKeys® test question writers have real-world work experience, especially in healthcare, manufacturing, IT, and green jobs. They develop questions from workplace materials that require individuals to read and interpret information, perform applied math, and locate information in tables and graphs. Their experience helps us create realistic test questions.
When selecting fairness consultants, ACT looks for reviewers sensitive to and knowledgeable about diversity and representation. Reviewers must effectively apply those skills in evaluating the fairness of standardized test materials administered at the national and state levels.