WorkKeys Job Profiling Training
The WorkKeys® Job Profiling Training program teaches you the process for collecting information and determining the skills and skill levels necessary for job performance.
To become an authorized job profiler, an individual must successfully complete an intensive training program conducted by industrial/organizational psychologists. This program consists of six weeks of guided self-study, using materials provided by ACT, and a 3.5-day training workshop. Individuals who participate in the training program must have qualifying knowledge and/or experience and submit an application.
Qualifications include the following:
- Individuals should have two to three years of experience with job analysis and other human resource issues (such as selection and training). Individuals with less experience and an advanced degree, such as a master’s degree or doctorate in human resources, industrial/organizational psychology, labor relations, management, or a related area, will be considered in some cases.
- Because job profiling requires working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and expertise and eliciting accurate information from them about their jobs, applicants are expected to have successful experience working as group facilitators.
- All applicants must provide their own laptop computer and portable printer; they should have sufficient computer keyboarding skills to edit material as they facilitate group discussions.
Register for Job Profiling Training
To apply for WorkKeys Job Profiling Training, fax your completed application form to ACT at 319.337.1725.
Job profiling training application:
Once your application is approved, please submit the following to ACT (must be received before the registration deadline):
- Completed and signed SkillPro License Agreement* (PDF, 4 pages)
- Completed and signed ACT Workkeys Job Profiling Agreement* (PDF, 5 pages)
- Payment (check, money order or purchase order) for $2,100 training fee (The annual SkillPro license fee of $1,600 will be billed after successful completion of training.)
*ACT must receive properly completed and signed agreements. For assistance, please refer to Instructions for Completing Job Profiling Agreements (PDF, 2 pages).
These materials must be on file at ACT by the application deadline for the training session you wish to attend. For dates, locations, and application deadlines, see the table below:
The list below reflects currently scheduled workshops and will be updated periodically as new sessions are added throughout the year. Please submit your application as soon as possible. Once your application has been reviewed and approved, ACT will need to receive your signed agreement documents and payment (or PO) by the registration deadline. If the sessions shown do not fit with your schedule, please submit your application and we will contact you as more sessions are scheduled. Occasionally, we are able to place individuals into private sessions if a client does not use all of the available seats.
Date of Workshop
Distance Learning Begins
February 27-March 2, 2018
December 15, 2017
|Iowa City, Iowa|
January 15, 2018
January 25, 2018
February 8, 2018
February 22, 2018
|April 3-6, 2018||February 2, 2018||Iowa City, Iowa||February 19, 2018|
March 1, 2018
March 15, 2018
March 29, 2018
*ACT must receive the signed Job Profiling Agreement, the signed SkillPro License Agreement, and payment by check or PO by the registration deadline.
**Participation in all three scheduled webcast dates/times is mandatory.
The on-site training is 3 ½ days and the distance learning is 6 weeks.
When considering applications, we look for experience with job analysis, facilitation skills, familiarity with federal regulations related to employment procedures, familiarity with Windows®-based software, and experience with developing and implementing training programs for business and industry.
If you have questions, please call 319.337.1724. Applications may be faxed to 319.337.1725.
Computer Resource Requirements
Trainees must have a laptop computer and portable printer that meet the specifications (PDF, 1 page) for running SkillPro software. You will need the computer to complete the distance learning assignments, to complete the 3.5-day onsite workshop, and to conduct job profiling.
Refresher Training for ACT Job Profilers
Four-hour refresher sessions are available for ACT-authorized job profilers who wish to update their understanding of job profiling and maintain their license agreement. See the table below:
|Date of Refresher Webcast*||Registration Deadline||Refresher Activities begin:**|
Number of participants is limited.
**Online distance learning portion of refresher consists of 8 activities.
*Webcast portion of Refresher delivered via the Internet and conference call from noon to 4:00 (Central Time).
Pre-registration is required.
You should attend a session that falls within 30 days of your license renewal date.
Download a copy of the notification form (1 page). The form may be used for any of the following:
- To sign up for a refresher session
- To notify us that you have met the license renewal requirements
- To cancel your license
Send your completed form and, if you plan to attend a session, your $210 registration fee to:
500 ACT Drive
P.O. Box 168
Iowa City, IA 52243
Attn: Job Profiling Training Staff